There’s no denying the fact that your online business could benefit from a staunch landing page builder, but with the deluge of software available these days, the process of pinpointing the ideal landing page builder, which offers you the most bang for your buck can be quite challenging.
In this article, we’re going to put two of the most prominent digital marketing solutions under the microscope: Unbounce and
ClickFunnels: Short Answer
Despite being around for longer, Unbounce completely falls short in the face of ClickFunnels. It’s a superb solution for PPC marketers, don’t get us wrong, but it’s ridiculously priced compared to
ClickFunnels: Comparison Table
|Unbounce helps you convert cold visitors into leads and sales with the aid of landing pages.|
|Offers a two-week free trial periodNumerous customization options Unlimited domains on all packagesIntegrates with a host of servicesCreates super-fast mobile pages||Offers a two-week free trial periodVisual drag-and-drop page builderNumerous pre-designed templatesOnboard split testing functionalityIntegrates with numerous services|
|Not a budget-friendly page builderSupport is limited by business hours||Priced very similarly to UnbounceCustomer support isn’t that reliable|
Overview of Unbounce
Unbounce is a seasoned lancing page builder that was launched back in 2009, making it around five years older than
Aside from creating landing pages, you can use Unbounce to build simple elements like popups and sticky bars. You’re not required to have any form of knowledge in coding or design to utilize Unbounce, as it’s equipped with a drag-and-drop editor that simplifies the process significantly.
Unbounce doesn’t place a lot of emphasis on sales funnels like
Most Notable Features:
- Drag and Drop Editor: Unbounce’s drag-and-drop editor enables you to build and also customize landing pages easily and quickly. It even allows you to alter the dimensions of the landing page so that every element included in the page fits the way you want it to.
- Landing Page Templates: Unbounce allows you to pick from various conversion-based page templates. There are over 85 conversion-focused templates to pick from. To add, it offers dozens of highly customizable templates that you can modify to your liking.
- Real-Time Data Reporting: Like
ClickFunnels, Unbounce flaunts an analytics function that enables you to keep track of the performance of your landing pages from within the tool’s dashboard. You can also integrate with Google Analytics for extra functionality.
- Form Builder: With Unbounce’s advanced form builder, you’ll be able to build one-step and two-step forms with ease. From opt-in forms to checkout forms, you can do it all. It’s also equipped with other elements such as radio buttons, hidden fields, and checkboxes.
- Opt-In Targeting: Unbounce features a number of targeting options that will help boost your conversions significantly. For instance, you can choose to display popups whenever a user arrives, leaves, or scrolls past specific areas on your landing pages, and more.
- A/B Split Testing Function: Like with
ClickFunnels, Unbounce enables you to split-test different aspects of your landing pages, from the copy and CTA to the images and forms that are included. This helps ensure you reach the highest possible rate of conversions.
- Various Integrations: Unbounce can integrate with just about any service you need to ensure ideal functionality. Unbounce boasts Zapier, enabling you to implement any type of automation you need. It also boasts WebHooks, in case Zapier isn’t enough for you.
- Dynamic Text Replacement: This function allows you to alter the text on your landing page to match various sources, including PPC campaigns, keyword parameters, and a lot more. This function relies on the use of external variables in the page’s URL.
- Sticky Bars and Popups: Using Unbounce, you can attach sticky bars and popups that promote your CTA on your pages. You can alter when and who to display them to as well as the design use case of each sticky bar and popup. You’re completely in control.
Like we’ve already mentioned,
Most Notable Features:
- Drag and Drop Editor:
ClickFunnels‘ drag-and-drop builder spares you from having to learn coding and web design. It allows you to construct landing pages and high-yielding sales funnels from scratch in no time and without any coding or design experience.
- Pre-Made Templates: Equipped with an extensive host of free and premium templates,
ClickFunnelsenables you to build entire sales funnels by selecting a template that meets your business requirements. Most of the templates are optimized for high conversion.
- Actionetics Email Marketing: By subscribing to
ClickFunnels‘ top-tier package, you’re granted access to its in-house email marketing service, Actionetics, which allows you to interact directly with your leads without the need to resort to a third-party provider.
- Backpack Affiliate Program:
ClickFunnelsalso allows you to create and manage your own affiliate marketing program without wasting money on third-party services. This is a feature that’s only available in ClickFunnels‘ top-tier plan, ClickFunnelsPlatinum.
- Integrated eCommerce: While it’s not a full-fledged e-commerce software like Shopify,
ClickFunnels‘ host of integrations allows you to manage an entire e-commerce operation under its roof. It offers everything from payment gateways to shipping services.
- Membership Sites: Are you looking for a way to earn a recurring income?
ClickFunnelsenables you to create membership sites with ease. This allows you to promote exclusive content and have visitors sign up for your membership sites in order to gain access to it.
- A/B Split Testing: With the aid of
ClickFunnels‘ A/B split-testing function, you’ll be able to split test virtually all elements in your sales funnels. The function offers you numerous variants to pick from. Simply pick the one that helps you garner higher conversion.
- Onboard Analytics: This function enables you to keep track of the performance of your sales funnels and landing pages. It does a brilliant job of revealing useful information like the number of views your page has, the number of conversions, and even user behavior.
- Numerous Integrations: When it comes to integrations,
ClickFunnelsis unbeatable! It allows you to integrate with a broad range of services, including email providers such as MailChimp and AWeber, content management systems like WordPress, and more.
- Webinar Funnels:
ClickFunnelsenables you to host live or pre-recorded webinars with ease. It doesn’t have in-house video hosting, though. It relies on video-hosting platforms. Nevertheless, ClickFunnels‘ webinar funnels are quite satisfactory and high-yielding.
Unbounce, just like
The first pricing plan, the Essential plan, costs $99/month, which is very close to
The second pricing package is the Premium plan costs $199/month. It allows you to create up to 150 landing pages, utilize 16 sticky bars and popups, and garner up to 500,000 visitors each month. Further, the Premium plan enables you to create up to 5 different client sub-accounts.
The third and final Unbounce pricing plan is the Enterprise package, which costs $499/month. The plan allows you to create 375 landing pages, make use of up to 40 sticky bars and popups, and garner up to 500,000 visitors per month. You also get to create 15 client sub-accounts.
The second pricing package is
The number of sales funnels and landing pages that you can establish with the Platinum plan is unlimited. Also, you can attract as many visitors as you want per month. This is vital considering the fact that
Further, the Platinum plan grants you access to the Backpack affiliate program, allowing you to set up your very own affiliate marketing program, which is right up your alley if you’re an agency or an expert marketer. This feature is nowhere to be found in any of Unbounce’s pricing plans.
Some of the funnel templates that you’ll find on
Unbounce also features a selection of over 100 templates for conversion-based landing pages. You’re guaranteed to find a template that meets your every need. Also, every template can be customized to meet the requirements of your business. You can even design one from scratch.
ClickFunnels: Split Testing
Both platforms feature an A/B split testing functionality.
Unbounce also enables you to split-test various elements within your landing pages to figure out which design ensures higher conversion and better aesthetics appeal. There’s nothing negative we can say about either platform in the split-testing category, so we’ll just call it a draw.
As far as analytics, both platforms allow you to keep track of the performance of your project, be it a sales funnel or landing page, depending on the platform you’re utilizing. In addition, you can integrate either one with Google Analytics to receive a more in-depth analysis of your project.
When it comes to API integrations,
Unbounce also is capable of integrating with just about any service available. Even if the service you’re trying to integrate with isn’t supported directly, you can integrate with it by using Zapier or WebHooks. It’s worth mentioning that
The second channel is Support Docs, which, as you may have guessed, is an online section that contains documentation as well as tutorial videos that you can access. Both the documents and videos do an excellent job of walking you through all the ins and outs of
Speaking of tutorial videos,
The fourth support channel is the ClickStart coaching program, which is something we’ve never really touched on up to this point. Basically, you’re assigned a coach that will assist you through five sessions. By the end of these sessions, you’ll be able to navigate
As far as Unbounce, support is limited compared to
It’s worth mentioning that members of the Enterprise plan will be assigned a “Customer Success Manager.” We’re not exactly sure what that’s all about. All in all, it’s quite obvious which platform is the winner when it comes to customer support.
Alright, so based on what we’ve learned about Unbounce and