No matter what type of online business you’re trying to create, you need a landing page in order to convert cold visitors into users, members, or paying customers.
And in order to create landing pages, you’ll need a landing page builder, which there are too many of, so which to choose?
Depending on your brand, audience, and the type of product you’re promoting, your choice of a landing page tool will differ.
You may need a simple tool that focuses mainly on creating landing pages, or something with more oomph and options. That’s exactly what this article will touch on.
Instapage and ClickFunnels are capable platforms, but the former is just a landing page builder, whereas the latter is a full-fledged online marketing platform.
In this Instapage vs.
ClickFunnels: Short Answer
If you’re looking for a robust landing page builder, Instapage is the way to go.
If you’re looking for something a little more simplistic and user-friendly,
As far as building conversion-focused sales funnels,
ClickFunnels: Comparison Table
|Instapage is a dedicated landing page builder that lets you design and host landing pages.|
|Has a two-week free trial periodPowerful and super easy to usePlenty of collaboration featuresConversion-optimized templatesExcellent customization options||Offers a two-week free trial periodIntuitive drag-and-drop page editorNumerous pre-designed templatesOnboard A/B split-testing function Integrates with numerous services|
|Quite rigid when it comes to textCostly compared to other software||One of the costliest funnel buildersCustomer support isn’t all that great|
Overview of Instapage
Instapage is a platform that specializes in creating landing pages for promotional and marketing campaigns.
Not only does it enable you to create pages, but it also enables you to host and test them in order to pinpoint the designs that are more attractive and yield higher conversions.
Instapage also boasts a group of free and paid page templates that you can customize and utilize right away if you don’t want to create landing pages from scratch.
No matter the type of landing page you’d like to design, Instapage allows you to design it.
From squeeze pages that allow you to collect email leads to thank-you pages that you can send your email traffic to.
You can add elements like buttons, images, videos, forms, timers, and more.
One of the unique features that Instapage offers is heatmap visualization, which is an advanced tracking feature that allows you to keep tabs on your visitors’ behavior and their interactions with your page.
This allows you to improve the placements of page elements for improved results.
Instapage is an excellent tool for individuals or businesses that are looking to promote services or products online.
It’ll allow you to improve the ROI you’re receiving from advertising platforms like Google Ads, Facebook, and more. Let’s check out some of the features it has to offer.
Most Notable Features:
- Drag and Drop Editor: Similar to
ClickFunnels, Instapage features a visual editor that enables you to build landing pages from scratch. It allows you to add various elements, including images, videos, buttons, forms, timers, social media links, and many more.
- Hundreds of Templates: Instapage features over 200 pre-designed templates that you can pick from and customize to your liking. Not only that, but it also allows you to import all types of templates. So no matter what type of template you need, you’ll find it.
- Heatmap Visualization: This is one of Instapage’s hallmark functions. It’s an advanced tracking function that enables you to keep tabs on the actions that your visitors make on your page, including their progress on each page, as well as the portions they click on.
- Numerous Integrations: Instapage features integrations for Zapier, Marketo, HubSpot, SalesForce, and more. It also features integrations for email marketing providers, plenty of CRM and e-commerce platforms, automation tools, different popups, and more.
- A/B Split Testing: A landing page builder without a split-testing functionality is as good as nothing. With the aid of Instapage’s A/B split-testing function, you’ll be able to split all elements within your page and optimize them accordingly to ensure high conversion.
- Collaboration Functions: Instapage is one of the best landing page builders for teams and big-scale entities, thanks to its built-in collaboration tool. Using this tool, you’ll find it easy to speed up the process of reviewing, approving, and launching your team’s pages.
- Instablocks: This is one of the features that set Instapage apart from comparable tools, as it allows you to construct landing pages at scale. Essentially, you can create and save custom blocks that you can reuse across other projects, which saves you a lot of time.
- Dynamic Text Replacement: Basically, this is a personalization feature that allows you to engage your audience with personalized content. It provides a personalized post-click experience for each and every ad. It also sends ads to relevant post-click pages only.
- AdMap: If you’re looking for a way to streamline Google Ads with the experience you’ve created with your landing page builder, Instapage’s AdMap is what you’re looking for. It’s a feature that will allow you to visualize and manage your landing page connections.
This platform allows you to create effective sales funnels from scratch with the aid of its intuitive drag-and-drop editor. Many landing page builders out there use visual editors, but
Creating landing pages with
Considering it’s an all-inclusive marketing solution,
Most Notable Features:
- Drag and Drop Editor: With its intuitive drag and drop editor,
ClickFunnelsallows users to establish sales funnels and landing pages by dragging and dropping needed elements from the dashboard. It also allows you to customize all elements on your page or funnel.
- Pre-Designed Templates: If you don’t want to bother with creating your own pages and sales funnels from scratch, you can select one of
ClickFunnels‘ numerous templates, and you’re ready to go. You can modify the pre-made templates to meet your needs as well.
- Actionetics Email Marketing: Actionetics is
ClickFunnels‘ own email autoresponder. It allows you to interact with your leads without having to integrate with third-party services like MailChimp. The feature is only available in the top-tier plan, ClickFunnelsPlatinum.
- Backpack Affiliate Program:
ClickFunnelsenables users to manage their own affiliate programs with ease. You’ll be able to recruit affiliates, have them promote the product or service your business is offering, and manage their payments from within the platform.
- eCommerce Service: Whether your business is offering a digital or a physical product,
ClickFunnelsallows you to promote and sell your product with ease. You can integrate it with payment processors for payments, as well as ShipStation for shipping purposes.
- Lots of Integrations:
ClickFunnelscan integrate with a superb range of services, from big-name email autoresponders like AWeber, MailChimp, and GetResponse, all the way to content management systems like WordPress and e-commerce platforms like Shopify.
- A/ Split-Testing Function: Utilizing
ClickFunnels‘ A/B split testing, you’ll be able to test all aspects of your landing pages, and sales funnel. This makes it easy for you to find the designs that achieve higher conversions, and that appeal to your audience the most.
- Membership Sites: Looking for a way to earn a considerable recurring income? You’re able to create membership sites with the aid of
ClickFunnels‘ membership funnels. You’ll be able to promote your exclusive content so that visitors sign up for memberships.
- Onboard Analytics: Not only does
ClickFunnelsenable you to test your funnels, but it also allows you to track their performance to ensure their success. This function displays useful info such as user behavior, page views, and even the number of conversions.
- Webinar Funnels: Amongst the various types of funnels that
ClickFunnelscan help you create, it enables you to create webinar funnels, be it for product-based or service-based webinars. ClickFunnelsis also able to play your webinars on-demand automatically.
Instapage has a 14-day free trial period, so you can give it a try before paying a single penny in order to figure out if it’s the right solution for you or not. However, you’ll need to enter your credit card details in order to be granted the free trial. The billing starts after the free trial ends.
If you’re not pleased with your experience with Instapage, you can always cancel. If everything is up to your expectations, you have two plans that you can pick from. The first is the Instapage Business plan, which costs $199/month billed monthly or $149/month billed annually.
We’d like to point out that if you choose to subscribe to Instapage on an annual basis, you’ll be required to issue an upfront payment of $1,788. This represents a 25% saving compared to the monthly basis payment route. The Business plan is excellent for individuals and agencies.
The second pricing plan that Instapage presents is the Enterprise package. This is a plan that’s completely tailored to your particular needs. The pricing of this plan isn’t fixed, like the Business plan. Basically, the pricing of the Enterprise plan reflects your configuration.
To set up an Enterprise plan with Instapage, you’ll need to call the sales team and discuss your requirements with them. Thereafter, your personalized Enterprise plan will be initiated. To learn about the difference between the Business plan and the Enterprise plan, click here.
Just like its competitor,
Similarly to Instapage,
The second pricing plan is
Unlike the Basic plan, the Platinum plan doesn’t place any limits on the number of sales funnels and landing pages that you can create. Also, you can attract as many visitors as you want each month. It’s an excellent package for professional marketers and big-scale organizations.
With the aid of Actionetics, you’ll be able to interact with your leads without paying for third-party email providers, which will save you a few bucks. Using the Backpack affiliate program, you’ll be able to manage affiliates and have them promote your services and products with ease.
ClickFunnels: Landing Pages
Marketing campaigns don’t really exist without landing pages. Both Instapage and
Instapage may not offer as many features as
Instapage offers well over 200 landing page templates that you can pick from and customize for your business. Further, it has a library of stock photos that you can use and a range of fonts that offer a great deal of aesthetic appeal. Not to mention the variety of elements you can add.
Okay, so which tool should you opt for when it comes to landing pages? If you’re looking for an extremely powerful landing page builder, Instapage is right up your alley. If you’re in search of a builder that’s simplistic and user-friendly,
ClickFunnels: Sales Funnels
When it comes to creating sales funnels,
The awesome thing about
As far as Instapage, you can utilize it as part of your sales funnel, but it doesn’t really possess the capabilities required to create full-blown funnels like
The bottom line is this: if you’re looking to build conversion-based sales funnels,
Despite the fact that Instapage allows you to create landing pages with ease, you’ll sometimes find yourself in need of additional services in order to maximize the potential of your pages. It’s all good, though, as it allows you to integrate with a wide range of third-party services.
Instapage features integrations for analytics, email marketing, live chats, automation, webinars, call tracking, and advertising. In addition, you can integrate your Instapage project with content management systems like WordPress as well as social media platforms such as Facebook.
But then again, not everyone is going to subscribe to the Platinum plan, which will result in the need to integrate with an email provider or a payment processor, for example. Luckily, when it comes to API integrations,
ClickFunnels: Split Testing
Both Instapage and
Both platforms also feature onboard analytics, so you’ll be able to keep tabs on the performance of your landing page or sales funnel, depending on which platform you use, with ease. Based on the results offered by the analytics function, you can make adjustments to ensure better results.
At the end of the day, we’re quite fond of both Instapage and