Nowadays, it’s impossible to realize a successful and lucrative business without a well-designed website that can establish your presence on the web and attract potential online customers. You can either hire a web developer to create your website for you, or you can simply do it yourself.
Thanks to the abundance of advanced website-building tools and sales funnels builders, the latter of the above-mentioned options has become the most convenient. Both ClickFunnels and WordPress are tools that help you build a respectable, well-designed website for your business, but they’re not at all similar.
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Short Answer
If you’re looking for an all-in-one online marketing platform that can help you build sales funnels and landing pages without any hassles,
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Comparison Table
|WordPress is a website building tool that you can use to establish an online presence.|
|Offers a two-week free trial periodA host of pre-designed templatesNumerous third-party integrationsBuilt-in A/B split testing functionalityBuilt-in email and affiliate marketing||A relatively budget-friendly platformNumerous professional templatesReady search engine optimizationExtremely mobile-friendly websitesSimple backlinking and syndication|
|Cost-prohibitive for small businessesSubpar customer support for the price||Themes are updated too frequentlySome themes have generic coding|
The process of creating sales funnels isn’t easy, as it demands quite a lot of time and effort. The main advantage of using
In order to build successful sales funnels using
Most Notable Features:
- Drag and Drop Editor: Featuring an intuitive drag and drop editor,
ClickFunnelsallows users to create sales funnels pages by dragging and dropping the elements needed in their project. It allows you to customize all elements on your page or funnel.
- Pre-Designed Templates: Don’t want to bother with designing your own landing pages and sales funnels from scratch? You can simply pick one of
ClickFunnels‘ templates and get to business right away. The templates can be customized to meet your needs.
- Actionetics Email Marketing: This is
ClickFunnels‘ in-house email marketing solution, and it spares you from having to integrate with third-party email providers. Keep in mind that this feature is only available on ClickFunnels‘ top-tier plan, ClickFunnelsPlatinum.
- Backpack Affiliate Program:
ClickFunnelsenables you to set up and manage affiliate marketing programs with ease. To put it differently, you’ll be able to recruit affiliates and have them help you promote the products or services your business is offering.
- eCommerce Services:
ClickFunnelsis a tool that helps you promote and sell products with ease, whether these products are physical or digital. Not only that, but it allows you to receive payments online and integrate with the reliable shipping service, ShipStation.
- Tons of Integrations:
ClickFunnels‘ assortment of landing page integrations is nothing short of impressive. It features everything from email marketing integrations like AWeber and MailChimp to e-commerce tools like Shopify. It can even integrate with WordPress.
- Membership Sites: Using
ClickFunnels, you’ll be able to create membership sites with no hassles whatsoever. This is a great way to earn a recurring income. This function will help you promote your content and have users sign up for memberships to access it.
- A/B Split Testing:
ClickFunnels‘ split-testing functionality allows you to split-test various aspects of your landing page, or sales funnel to find out which design yields better results and appeals more to your visitors. It also offers you various variants to pick from.
- Onboard Analytics Function: Keeping track of the performance of your pages and sales funnels are made easy with
ClickFunnels‘ in-house analytics functionality. It can reveal everything from page views and the number of conversions to user behavior.
- Webinar Funnels: With the aid of
ClickFunnels‘ webinar funnels, you’ll be able to host webinars with ease. These webinars can be service-based or product-based. Moreover, ClickFunnels‘ webinar funnels can automatically run your webinars on-demand.
Overview of WordPress
If you’re looking for a platform that can help you build a well-designed website and establish an online presence for your business, use WordPress is your best bet. As of 2020, WordPress powers 35% of the whole internet, including websites that have no CMS or custom-coded CMS.
With the aid of the WordPress builder, you can create all types of pages, from homepages and about us pages to blog and service pages. However, WordPress is incapable of forging funnels easily like
WordPress reaches its maximum potential when utilized in conjunction with organic traffic. Not to mention that WordPress is a much more superior platform than
It’s also worth noting that you can build sales funnels using WordPress, but the process will be extremely effort and time-consuming. It may even take you days just to build a functional sales funnel using WordPress. So it’s better to think of WordPress as just a website building tool.
Most Notable Features:
- Vast Plugin Market: WordPress flaunts an extensive plugin marketplace that provides plugins for just about everything. It features over 55,000 plugins that you can use, from shopping cart and SEO plugins to countdown bar and checkout system plugins.
- Extensive Theme Market: Not only does WordPress grant you a ton of plugins to pick from, but it also offers you the ability to select from an extensive range of themes. You’ll find themes for anything from blogs and affiliate sites to e-commerce stores.
- Built-In Blog: WordPress is arguably the best site building tool for bloggers. It enables you to build an email list, optimize the content for search engines, and much more. The themes also come equipped with built-in blogging capabilities for your convenience.
- Content Editor: With the aid of this platform’s powerful content editor, you’ll be able to add web pages or posts with a single click. It also allows you to edit all of the content on your pages. Sadly, it doesn’t feature a drag-and-drop editor like
- Image Editing: As you’re creating the next page or blog post on your WordPress site, you’ll have the ability to edit the image content with ease. You can resize or crop them, change the alt text, add a caption, and more with just a few simple clicks.
- Numerous Integrations: WordPress flaunts big-name integrations such as MailChimp, Google Analytics, YoastSEO, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and more. However, compared to
ClickFunnels‘ superb host of integrations, WordPress seems to be a bit lacking.
- Use WordPress in Your Language: If you prefer to build websites and create content in a language other than English, you’re in luck, as WordPress is available in more than 70 languages. This is highly beneficial for those who don’t know English fluently.
- Easy Installations and Upgrades: Numerous web hosts flaunt one-click installers for WordPress, allowing you to install WordPress with ease. You can use an FTP program as well. Create a database, upload WordPress with the aid of FPS, and then install it.
- Supportive Community: WordPress is the most popular open-source CMS today, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that it boasts an engaging and supportive community. From the support forums and WordCamp to the extensive assortment of tutorials available.
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Pricing Plans
The second paid option is
Backpack Affiliate Program, as the name implies, allows you to establish and manage your own affiliate program, saving you a great deal of time and money that you’d have otherwise spent on third-party tools. The Platinum plan is an ideal choice for agencies and professional marketers.
WordPress flaunts five pricing options. The first option is the WordPress Blogger plan, which is entirely free. As the name implies, this is a great package for bloggers. But as you may have guessed, you can’t really rely on this pricing plan to run an average online business.
The second option is the WordPress Personal Plan costs only $4/month if billed annually. This plan grants you custom domain, live chat support, and access to email. The third pricing plan is the Premium plan, which costs $8/month billed annually, and it’s the most popular pricing plan.
The fourth pricing plan that WordPress offers is the Business plan, which costs $25/month billed yearly. This plan offers you custom plugins and themes, 24/7 live chat, and 200 GB storage. We advise this plan for small businesses as it strikes a great balance between cost and practicality.
The final plan that WordPress has to offer is the eCommerce plan, which costs $45/month billed annually. This plan is designed primarily for online stores. The eCommerce plan is fairly flexible, so you should expect it to not only power your entire online business, but also grow with it.
ClickFunnels vs. Use WordPress: Funnel Building
After signing up for
After you’re done configuring your settings, you can use the
In the cookbook, all you have to do is select the industry, type of funnel, and the goals you’d like to achieve with the funnel. Then,
The awesome thing about
All you have to do is drag the elements you need from the editor and drop it in your project. You can find numerous elements, including content blocks, social media sharing buttons, forms, and many more. Now that you’re done creating your funnel, all you have to do now is publish it.
Creating sales funnels with the aid of WordPress isn’t as easy as it is with
Building a sales funnel using
Why is that a problem? Well, what if you don’t want all of the pages that compose your funnel to be indexed? You’ll have to remove these pages from your site index so that they don’t pop up in Google searches. Thereafter, you’ll have to link the pages together to get your funnel running.
Like we’ve just mentioned, building your first few funnels with WordPress will take days, but the more you familiarize yourself with the process, you’ll be able to build funnels in less time. But in the end,
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Website Building
Just like building a sales funnel with WordPress is quite complicated, building a website with the aid of
To put it differently,
Unlike with WordPress, where you can pick a template, and all of the needed pages will be ready for you,
We’d also like to point out that the drag and drop editor within
Considering it’s a website builder first and foremost, creating a website with WordPress is super simple, thanks to the platform’s incorporation of several themes that you can choose from. You’ll need zero coding experience or design skills to establish a website with WordPress.
Further, WordPress is backed by an extensive marketplace of plugins that you can use to make things go smoother. Of course, some of these plugins are free, whereas others aren’t. Based on how extensive you’d like your website to be, the process can either be easier or trickier.
WordPress is extremely easy to use. But then again, it all boils down to that which you’re trying to achieve. For instance, if you want to build a basic website that can help you generate leads, you can simply use one of the free themes provided and integrate with a hosting provider.
Please note that WordPress doesn’t offer a hosting service, whereas
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Social Sharing
Both of the platforms we’re comparing today boast excellent social sharing features. After all, social media is a gigantic entity that must be utilized to ensure the success of a business. You can embed social media sharing options into your WordPress website with ease.
The vast majority of the premium themes that WordPress offers feature social media sharing tools that enable your content to reach a wider audience. With the free themes, you’ll have to resort to additional plugins. This sort of discrepancy isn’t present with
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: SEO
When it comes to search engine optimization options, both platforms offer a great deal of value, but in short, WordPress is the more superior option.
WordPress features the Yoast SEO plugin, which is a pretty comprehensive SEO-based toolset that anyone with basic knowledge of SEO can use. Using Yoast SEO, you’ll be able to contrive the best SEO practices. It also allows you to add meta tags, meta titles, and meta descriptions.
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Support
If you seem to share the same problem that other WordPress users have encountered, you can simply browse the WordPress support forums in order to find the solution to your problems. Trial and error is usually a big part of trying to solve a problem on WordPress-based websites.
Not only that, but